THE SELLING PROCESS
From the listing consultation to the closing table, we wish to empower our sellers with as much information as possible. At Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Innovative Real Estate, we represent sellers from all walks of life, and all have one thing in common: each wants the highest and best offer on their home. Acting as your advocate and trusted advisor, your Innovative agent will ensure that your sale is as seamless as possible, giving you the tools you need to achieve the most favorable outcome. We’ve prepared this Pre-Selling Guide to help you understand the complex sale process and assist you in making the best decisions possible.
- Highest price - Assist you in getting the highest possible price.
- Sell - Attract as many qualified buyers as possible to get your home SOLD, not just listed.
- Communication – Answer all phone calls, emails and texts in a timely manner, as well as provide you with regular updates.
- Trust – Provide exceptional service to you throughout the transaction.
PREPARATION – Before you have committed to me
- Market analysis - Prepare a competitive market analysis to establish a range of fair market value.
- Walk-through - Conduct a thorough walk-through of your home, examining it as a buyer would.
- Steps and costs of selling - Explain all of the steps involved and costs associated with selling.
- Net estimate - Provide a net estimate for you based on an estimated sales price and expenses.
MANAGING THE TRANSACTION – When we work together, How I take care of you
- Market updates – Email regular updates on market activity and showing feedback and recommend price point adjustments, as needed.
- Return inquiries promptly – Respond to interested parties in a timely manner and answer questions as needed.
- Qualify buyers - Review and verify loan qualification with buyer’s lender.
- Negotiations – Negotiate on your behalf with buyer’s agents and /or buyers.
- Contracts - Draft and negotiate any counter offers and amendments to the contract.
- Deadlines – Monitor all deadlines to be sure you are protected.
- Title insurance - Order and review title insurance to verify and resolve any property encumbrances that could interfere with the selling of your home.
- Inspection - Negotiate inspection items with home buyers, if needed.
- Appraisal – Provide and discuss comparable properties with the appraiser.
- Coordinating Closing - Assist the title company in setting the closing date, time and location.
- Closing – Attend closing and help you celebrate.
- Follow up – Provide post-sale details, as well as keep in touch on a regular basis.
- Compare similar properties, making adjustments for the differences among them, tracking market movements and taking stock of present inventory, all in an attempt to come up with a range of value, an educated opinion. This method is the same way an appraiser evaluates a home.
- The condition of your property will help determine an appraised value.
- The market will dictate the price.
- Overpricing will extend your home’s time on the market.
- Underpricing could lead to losing potential cash equity.
How do you determine the right price? We will prepare a comparative market analysis and assist you in establishing value.